Animated GIF Maker
Online GIF maker
GIF maker allows you to instantly create your own animated GIFs by combining separated image files as frames. Produced GIFs are of high quality and free of watermarks or attribution, making this tool ideal for developers and content creators.
To make a GIF, you can upload a sequence of GIF, JPG, PNG, BMP, TIFF and other types of images, ZIP archive with images, and even mix together different formats and sizes - they will be converted automatically. You can also upload animated GIF or WebP images, they will be split and delay times preserved. That way GIF maker can also be used to edit, shorten or merge together existing GIFs.
How to make a GIF?
Press the "Choose files" button above and select the images you want to use as frames.
You can press and hold ctrl/command key to select multiple files.
When the images are uploaded, you can adjust animation speed and frame order before making the GIF.
After generating the GIF, you can resize, crop, and optimize it or use any of the other tools we provide.
Tips for GIF creation
Delay time is one hundredths (1/100) of a second between frames - a bigger value causes animation to appear slower.
It's not advisable to set delay time lower than 2, because some browsers will ignore such values and default to slower animation speed.
- By default, all frames will be sorted in alphabetical order, you can drag and drop them inside GIF animator area to rearrange.
- You can control the speed for the whole GIF by setting a "Delay time" at the bottom, or adjust the delay for individual frames with a "Delay" input box right next to each frame.
- Enable "Crossfade frames" option, if you want to create smooth, fading transition between images. Useful for crating photo slideshows. Greater "Frame count" and shorter "Fader delay" parameters will result in smoother animation, but will significantly increase file size, because the GIF maker have to generate more additional frames between each of the original frames. Play around with those values to find the balance for your needs.
- If you want to create GIF images from video, use the Video to GIF tool instead.
- To make a GIF out of sprite sheet, use sprite cutter tool.